(Image source from: fastcompany.com)
MIT-founded fashion brand Ministry of Supply, built a mask with informed specifications, earlier it was only made for the frontline workers. However, it is now available for consumers too.
This is a 3D Mask also known as Mask degree, it takes less than nine minutes to weave every mask.
What else you should know?
1. According to Fast Company, it has a viscose and polyester blend, it’s machine washable, and the hygroscopic material pulls moisture to the core of the fiber, making it soft, breathable, and dry after even hours of wear.
2. This mask is comfortable, it is made of a lovely fabric and you can wear it for hours to avoid touching your mouth. Note that it is not an N95 or Surgical Mask.
3. This Mask degree comes with a set of tested filters that are certified by the Nelson Labs. It was developed in counsel with MoS’s healthcare advisers at the MIT spinout MakerHealth.
4. This mask won’t allow droplets and particles from getting in or out.
5. If you have problems with the mask not fitting you well, the Ministry of supply can make alterations on the mask with its filter technology.
6. A starter mask comes with different filters. You can purchase 10-packs of additional filters.
7. The mask degree has colors as well.
8. You can even give the masks back to frontline healthcare workers for every kit you buy and they would donate it to frontline workers.
9. You can even donate these masks degree kits on the MoS website.
Here’s the link : Click here
Note: Not eligible for diagnosis or treatment of COVID-19.
As the lockdown restrictions have reduced, getting out without a mask can be stressful so everyone needs a mask to at least keep their hands off their mouth.
Therefore, the CDC recommended to sell these masks to all consumers and not just the frontline workers.
By Neha Makhija