(Image source from: archanaskitchen.com)
Cheese Palak Dosa is tasty, mouth-watering dish that you can easily prepare at your home for your loved once. This dosa is a healthy and tasty twist to the plain dosa and it is a perfect option for morning breakfast. It has a nice green color and also healthy because of spinach ( palak) and nice flavor and taste of cheese. This dish is healthy and very nutritious and perfect for growing kid’s. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 1 cup - roughly chopped and blanched spinach (palak)
- 1 1/2 cups - grated processed cheese
- 1/4 cup - roughly chopped onions
- 1/4 cup - roughly chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp - roughly chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 tsp - roughly chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 2 tsp - oil
- 2 - pinches of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp - chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 - cups dosa batter
- 2 tbsp - melted butter for cooking
For The Dosa Batter
- 1/2 cup - urad dal (split black lentils)
- 1 tbsp - fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 1 cup - raw rice (chawal)
- 1 cup - parboiled rice (ukda chawal)
- 2 tbsp - flattened beaten rice (jada poha)
For The Dosa Batter
- Wash and soak the urad dal, fenugreek seeds and enough water in a deep bowl and mix it well and cover it with a lid and keep it aside to for 4 hours.
- Wash and soak the parboiled rice, raw rice, flattened beaten rice and enough water in a deep bowl and mix it well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 4 hours.
- Drain the urad dal and fenugreek seeds and blend to a smooth paste by using approx. 1 cup of water and transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and keep it aside.
- Drain the par-boiled rice, raw rice, and flattened beaten rice and blend to a smooth paste by using approx. 1 cup of water.
- Transfer the mixture into the same bowl of the urad dal batter, add the salt and mix it nicely and cover it with a lid and keep it aside to ferment in a warm place for 12 hours.
How to Proceed
- In a blender, add spinach, onion, tomatoes, ginger and garlic and blend till smooth.
- Heat the oil a broad, non-stick pan, add the prepared spinach mixture, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally and keep it aside.
- Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle), sprinkle little water and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7”) diameter thin circle
- Bruah1 tsp butter over it and cook on medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in color.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the prepared spinach mixture and sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Cook it on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the cheese melts and then fold the dosa lightly from 3 sides to form a triangle.
- Serve it with sambar and coconut chutney.
- Energy: Energy 168 cal
- Protein: 19.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Fat:10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 29.2 mg
- Vitamin A: 3372.9 mg
- Vitamin B1: 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B2: 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B3: 0.6 mg
- Vitamin C: 18.2 mg
- Folic Acid: 76.8 mg
- Calcium: 210.8 mg
- Iron:1.4 mg
- Magnesium: 0 mg
- Phosphorus: 0 mg
- Sodium: 66 mg
- Potassium: 160.3 mg
- Zinc: 0.4 mg
By Meghna Nath