(Image source from: archanaskitchen.com)
Creamy Macaroni with Broccoli is a one pot meal which is very easy to make and taste delicious.The additional of broccoli, adds a nice twist to its flavor and taste.This dish has nice creamy texture, flavor, and taste and also a perfect dish for your kid’s. Try this delicious dish at your home.
Preparation Time: 10 min; Cooking Time: 10 min;
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 1 1/4 cups blanched broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup grated processed cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
For Cooking the macaroni
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for cooking)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for tossing)
- 1 tsp salt
For Cooking the Macaroni
- Boil enough of water in a large pan with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook it on a medium flame and stir occasionally and gently until the pasta is tender.
- Once done, switch off the flame and immediately drain the cooked pasta into a sieve or a colander.
- Transfer to a bowl of cold water to refresh it and drain the water from it, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it and toss it. and keep it aside.
How to Proceed
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and fry on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the broccoli and fry on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes and add the chopped basil, milk, cream and cheese, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute and add the boiled macaroni and fry on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally.