South Indian style soup - Mango RasamMarch 22, 2016 15:59
Unique South Indian style soup called mango rasam recipe is here! It is comforting and light on stomach. Most importantly it is simple and easy to prepare. Try it out and enjoy the flavor of mango at the most!
Ingredients required to make mango rasam
Raw mango: 1, medium size, peeled and chopped
Jaggery: 1 tbsp (depending on the sourness of mango)
Green chilies: 1, slit
Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil: 1/2 tbsp
Red chilies : 2, tear and de-seed
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Urad dal : 1/2 tsp (split gram dal)
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Asafoetida : 1/2 tsp
How to make mango rasam
1. Take a container, add 1.5 cup water, one green chili, turmeric, salt and raw mango pieces. Cover with lid
2. Boil them in low flame. Let mangoes get cooked.
3. Let it come to room temperature.
4. Mash the paste.
5. Take another vessel, add water and the ground mango paste and mix. It should be of watery consistency.
6. Add sugar and jaggery and boi for 10 minutesl.
7. Meanwhile, prepare for tempering. Take a small pan add oil, add mustard seeds. Once they begin to splutter, add urdal dal, curry leaves and asafoetida.
8. Take off from flame.
9. Add to hot mango rasam.
10. Mango rasam is ready to serve.