(Image source from: livemint.com)
India to host a summit and participate in the other summits this month. In total, our country would be a part of 5 virtual summits this month.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi would meet Chinese President Xi Jinping in atleast three summits with regards to discussing the India-China military faceoff due to the pandemic.
The last summit was conducted in 2015 and it was decided to have the next meeting after a gap of 5 years. The fourth India-Africa summit to be hosted by Delhi is postponed to commence in the next year.
Besides, here are quick details on the summit plan this month.
- Modi will be participating in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Heads of State summit that is being hosted by Russia on 10 November.
- India to participate in the India-Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) summit with Prime Minister Modi from Nov 13-15th .
- Russia to host the Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa (BRICS) Summit with Modi and Xi participating in it on 17th November.
- The G-20 Summit would be hosted by Saudi Arabia from 21-22 November, 2020 and Modi, Xi, along with the other world leaders including the possible winner of the 3 November US presidential polls will be attending it.
- Indian Foreign minister Jaishankar and Pakistan’s foriegn minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi is expected to participate in the SCO heads of Government meet that would be conducted by India on 30 November, 2020.
In 2017, India and Pakistan had joined the SCO as full members.
By Neha Makhija