UGC's Revised Academic Calendar 2020-21: First Year Classes Commence From NovemberSeptember 23, 2020 16:29
(Image source from: Theprint.in)
University Grants Commission on Tuesday released the academic calendar for the first year students of the session 2020-21.
The University Grants Commission (UGC) on Tuesday has released the academic calendar for the first year Under Graduate and Post Graduate students for the academic year 2020-21.
The Education Minister of India, Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank shared the detailed new academic calender by the UGC on his Twitter account.
As per the new guidelines that have been formed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the academic session for the first year under graduate students will start from November.
This current delay in the embarkment will also impact the next academic year.
Ramesh Pokriyal in his tweet said that in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the commission has accepted the report of the committee and accepted the guidelines of UGC for the commencement of the academic session for first year under graduate and post graduate students of several universities.
The refund of the canceled examinations will be made by November 30 only for this session.
This move is to support those parents who are facing financial hardships due to the pandemic and the lockdown. The full refund of the fees on account of all the cancelation of admissions will be made to the students.
However, Rs. 1000 will be deducted as the processing fee and the remaining entire fee will be reverted to the students.
Here’s the academic calendar 2020-21
The admissions for the first year undergraduate and post graduate programs will be done by October 30 this year.
The last date of the admissions to fill up the vacant seats will be till November 30, 2020.
The academic session of 2020-21 will likely be commenced from November 1, 2020, for the first year students of universities.
Heres’ the tentative calendar suggested for the 2020-21 academic session:
● The admission process will be completed by October 30, 2020.
● Commencement of a fresh batch of classes for first year students will be from November 1, 2020.
● The preparatory break will be declared from March 1 to March 7, 2021.
● Examinations for the first year students will be conducted from March 8, 2021, to March 26, 2021.
● The semester break according to the guidelines by the UGC has been given from March 7, 2021, to April 4, 2021.
● The even semester classes will be started from April 5, 2021.
● Preparatory break for these students will be given from August 1, 2021, to August 8, 2021.
● Even semester examinations will be held from August 9, 2021, to August 21, 2021.
● Semester break after this will be given from August 22 to August 29, 2021.
● Commencement of the next academic session for this batch will be from August 30, 2021.
- By Gayatri Yellayi