Here's what happened in the first 5 minutes of Kerala's Plane CrashAugust 10, 2020 19:03
(Image source from: thehindu.com)
The Air India express flight carrying 190 passengers under the Vande Bharat Mission skidded off the runway at 7:41 pm on Friday at Kozhikode, Kerala.
The Ill fated flight IX-1344 carrying passengers from Dubai on Friday night veered off the runway while attempting to land at Karipur International airport at Kozhikode in Kerala which resulted in the flight shattering into pieces. 18 people have died in this unfortunate incident.
Several passengers have sustained massive injuries and of the 18 people who died 14 were adults and 4 were children.
When the Air India express flight skidded off the runway on Friday, the Central Industrial Security Force has been alerted via radio contact.
Here's the terrifying tale of what happened later.
- At 7:40 pm, Sub Inspector Ajit Singh who was on duty at gate number 8 immediately informed CISF control room upon witnessing the tragic incident.
- CISF control room immediately informed the Air Traffic Control and the CISF response team.
- At 7:42 pm, the airport rescue and fire fighting team was alerted.
- At 7 43 pm, CISF contacts the Airport health department.
- At 7 44 pm, CISF contacts the terminal manager and the second phone call is made to the airport health department.
- At 7 45 pm the local police department of Kozhikode is alerted.
Notably, the locals had reached the crash site within 5 to 7 minutes of the tragic accident. The deputy commandent of the Kozhikode aiport allowed the locals to start the rescue operations.
This decision was taken upon considering that the large number of passengers were injured after the crash at the runway.
The injured were later rushed to medical treatment centers as soon as the formal help has arrived.
Union Minister of Civil Aviation Hardeep Singh Puri is continuously taking note of the situation at the site due to the accident in Kozhikode and has been holding meetings with senior officials including secretary, MoCA, Chairman, AAI, DG, DGCA and AAIB among others.
An inquiry has also been ordered under the aircraft act, the findings of which are to be made public soon.
2020 has been the disastrous year to the world with one after the other tragic evens being happening. Earlier on Tuesday, the Beirut explosion has ripped the city apart and killed many people and left others injured.
All these incidents come at a time when the world is still coping with the coronavirus and the crisis it is causing to the health as well as economy of individuals.
By Gayatri Yellayi