(Image source from: Tasty Soya chunk fry})
Soya chunk fry is a good option when you do not have veges at home. It is a beast side dish for rice and roti as well. Try this protein punch Soya recipe stuffed in a pulka roll.
Ingredients required for Soya chunk fry
Soya Chunks - 1/3 cup
Big Onion finely chopped - 1 medium
Tomato roughly chopped - 1 medium
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp + 1 tbsp
Fennel Seeds powder - 1/2 tsp
For masala grind Coconut (3 tbsp); Garlic (3 cloves); Fennel seeds (1/2 tsp); Whole Pepper (1/2 tsp); Green Chilli optional) until a coarse mixture
Preparation method of Soya chunk fry
1. Boil water. Take off flame, add soya chunks. Keep aside for 2 min.
2. Rinse soya chunks in cold water two times.
3. Heat oil in pan and add fennel seeds powder and curry leaves.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, tomato, onion and sauté till tomatoes turn mushy.
5. Add coconut mixture, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt.
6. Saute for 2 min. Add soya chunks.
7. Sprinkle water. Keep frying till soya becomes reddish gold and dry.