Delicious Mutton Biryani RecipeAugust 10, 2019 16:41
(Image source from: HungryForever)
Needless to introduction, Biryani is relished all across the world. Moreover, Mutton Biryani is love! Prepared using flavorful spices and herbs, the regal dish straight from Nizams is not just popular for its taste but the method of cooking. Mutton Biryani possesses 3 ways of cooking.
Pakki Dum Mutton Biryani is one of the popular methods of preparing. In this method, mutton and rice are cooked separately and then steamed until the biryani is cooked entirely in layers.
The second method is cooking Kacchi Mutton Biryani (also known as Kacche gosht ki biryani), in which the mutton is marinated first and cooked with half-cooked rice in layers.
The third method is cooking in a pressure cooker.
While preparing this delicacy, it is very important to choose the right rice for biryani. If you will not choose high-quality basmati rice, it will result in to the texture and will hamper the taste as well. Therefore, to make a mouth-watering Mutton Biryani, use the basmati rice that has long grains. The longer the basmati rice grain is, the greater the flavor of the dish will be.
- 2 cup basmati rice
- 2 green cardamom
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 dashes saffron
- 1 kilograms mutton
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 4 red chili
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup yogurt (curd)
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp powdered star anise
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt as much as required
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp kasoori methi powde
Step-By-Step Procedure for Preparing Mutton Biryani?
1. Make sure to take the right proportion of rice, meat, and spices.
2. Clean and wash mutton under running water.
3. Now, add all the marination ingredients in it and rub well with your fingers so that marination spreads evenly.
4. Ideally, you should leave this meat in the refrigerator all night. If you have guests coming then, use a fork to boreholes in the mutton, marinate and keep aside for at least 1-2 hours.
5. In the meantime, parboil the rice and keep aside, spread on a plate. In case you overcook your rice, it will end up turning sticky when mixed with the mutton.
6. Dissolve the saffron in ¼ cup milk. Heat some ghee in a pan and fry the cashews and the raisins.
7. Now, slice the onions and fry them in the same ghee. Reserve half of the onions and put it aside. Take away the mutton from the refrigerator and allow it to come down to room temperature.
Note: This step is important for the proper cooking of the meat.
8. Heat ghee in a deep bottomed vessel. It should have a tight-fitting lid.
9. As soon as the ghee is sufficiently hot, add the whole spices-cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamoms, and cumin. Allow them to splutter. Add entire red chilies and marinate the mutton pieces. Add the ginger, onions, and garlic paste and cook covered till the mutton is soft.
10. Now add garam masala and roast the mutton till the whole water is absorbed and oil separates from it. Remove the mutton from the pan.
11. Add a layer of cooked rice in the same pan, followed by a layer of mutton and then again a layer of rice. Sprinkle some dry fruits between each layer.
12. The upmost layer should be of rice. The next step is adding the kesar dissolved milk and cream. Now pour this equally over the rice. Cover the lid and cook on low flame for the span of 10-12 minutes.
13. Now remove from fire and garnish it with onions, coriander, kasoori methi, mint, serve hot with raita.
By Sowmya Sangam