Getting a 'PAN CARD' is a simple process that can be done online. Please note that PAN card mailing overseas is allowed to some countries. NRI’s wanting to apply for a PAN card from abroad can check the list of countries given below
What you need to get pan card online.
1. Document that has your overseas address on it. The best document to use is your bank statement showing your overseas address.
2. Copy of passport.
4. The fee for processing PAN application is 944.00[ (Application fee 85.00 + Dispatch Charges 771.00) + 10.3% service tax]
5. Note: NRI’s cannot pay with a credit card from overseas.
How to apply through Online:
1. Log on to ONLINE PAN CARD Website
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where you see: 'Apply for a new PAN Card' and select Individual from the drop down menu bar.
3. Application for Pan Card Form49A will open.
4. Fill in the form. Read Guidelines on filling form and Instructions on filling form if you wish. When filling in the address make sure it is the same overseas address that is shown on your bank statement.
5. Do not fill an Indian address.
6. Once the form is filled, review it to ensure everything is correctly filled and click submit.
7. An acknowledgement will appear on the screen if form was submitted correctly.
8. Print out at least two copies of the acknowledgement. (One copy is for your record)
9. Paste your photo on one of the printouts of acknowledgement and sign in black ink.
10. Sign on all pagers of the photocopies of your passport and your bank statement. (Black pages of passport are not required to be copied)
11. Mail all documents to NSDL, PAN unit at Mumbai.
12. You can track the status of your application by using your acknowledgement number.
PAN Card Fee Information
Demand draft and cheque should be drawn in favor of 'NSDL - PAN', payable in Mumbai. Foreign credit cards are currently not accepted.
Where to mail completed form, supporting documents, bank draft
Mail to: NSDL at 'Income Tax PAN Services Unit, National Securities Depository Limited, 3rd floor, Sapphire Chambers, Near Baner Telephone Exchange, Baner, Pune - 411045
• Write on the mailing envelope: 'APPLICATION FOR PAN - Acknowledgment Number' (e.g. 'APPLICATION FOR PAN - 881010100100086').
• Mail your documents as soon as possible after doing the online application, your mailed documents should reach NSDL within 15 days from the date of online application.