(Image source from: feedyourtemptations.com)
Potato and Cheese Croquettes is lip-smacking and mouth-watering croquettes / roll that is a perfect snack dish for your kid’s. The various seasoning, gives a nice texture, flavor, and taste. This is a perfect snack for any parties and tastes best with a cup of tea. Let’s follow this crispy and tasty recipe.
- 3 cups boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch)
- 1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
- Bread crumbs for rolling
- Oil for deep-frying
To Be Mixed Into A Cheesy Stuffing
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated processed cheese
- 2 tbsp chili-garlic sauce ( easily available in the market)
1. In a bowl, mozzarella cheese, grated processed cheese,and chili sauce and mix it nicely.
2. Divide the cheese stuffing into equal portions and keep it aside.
3. In a bowl, add the potatoes, salt and pepper powder and mix it well and divide the potato mixture into equal portions and keep it aside.
4. Combine the plain flour along with approx. ¾ cup water in a deep bowl and mix it well with a whisk and keep it aside.
5. Take a portion of the potato mixture and flatten it into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle.
6. Place a portion of the cheese stuffing in the center and bring all the sides together and shape into a cylindrical roll.
7. Dip the croquette in the plain flour-water mixture and roll it in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
8. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few croquettes at a time on a medium flame and fry till they are golden brown in color from all sides.
9. Drain on an absorbent paper and serve it with any sauce of your choice.
- Meghna Nath